Copy A Course
Create a new course by copying one of your own courses and all of its assignments.
- From the Courses page, click Create a New Course.
- Click .
Select the course you want to copy, and click Continue.
Note Clear Show only active courses to select a course that you aren't currently teaching.
Enter your course information.
- Enter the Course Name.
- Optional: Enter the Course Number.
- Set the date and time for Course starts on.
- Set the date and time for Course ends on.
Adjust all assignment dates for your new course.
- Select Adjust all assignment dates based on moving the start date of the first assignment to.
- Set the new date and time for the first assignment.
All assignment dates for your new course are shifted relative to the specified date and time.
- Optional: Provide a link to your syllabus to make it available to your students from your course.
Edit email settings.
This feature lets student email you during their assignments. The email includes the student's message and a link to their assignment.
- To prevent students from emailing you during their assignments, clear Allow students to send emails to the instructor while taking assignments.
- To add multiple instructor email addresses, click the plus button under Enter Instructor Emails.
Select Require students to provide a student ID on
Students whose Cengage accounts do not include their student ID are asked to add this information when they sign in to your course. Use this feature if you need student IDs for reporting purposes or to distinguish between different students with the same name.
Click Create Course.
Your course information, including your course key, displays.Note Your students need the course key to enroll in your course.
Your new course is added to your list of Courses and Sections on the Courses page.