Create a Course Using a Template
Cengage template courses contain ready-to-use assignments for the selected textbook. You can modify the course by adding your own assignments later.
- Sign in at faculty.cengage.com.
If you have not already done so, add the textbook or product you want to use to your
- Enter a title, author, ISBN, or keyword in the search bar.
- Optional: Sort and filter your search results.
- Click a title.
- Click + My Library.
- Click My Library and locate your textbook.
Click Manage Course.
CNOWv2 opens to your home page.
- From the Courses page, click Create a New Course.
- Click .
If more than one Cengage template course is available to you, select a template containing the title of your
The Digital product student will buy field displays the name of the product your students will be recommended to buy for the course.
Enter your course information.
- Enter the Course Name.
- Optional: Enter the Course Number.
- Set the date and time for Course starts on.
- Set the date and time for Course ends on.
Adjust all assignment dates for your new course.
- Select Adjust all assignment dates based on moving the start date of the first assignment to.
- Set the new date and time for the first assignment.
All assignment dates for your new course are shifted relative to the specified date and time.
- Optional: Provide a link to your syllabus to make it available to your students from your course.
Edit email settings.
This feature lets student email you during their assignments. The email includes the student's message and a link to their assignment.
- To prevent students from emailing you during their assignments, clear Allow students to send emails to the instructor while taking assignments.
- To add multiple instructor email addresses, click the plus button under Enter Instructor Emails.
Select Require students to provide a student ID on
Students whose Cengage accounts do not include their student ID are asked to add this information when they sign in to your course. Use this feature if you need student IDs for reporting purposes or to distinguish between different students with the same name.
Click Create Course.
Your course information, including your course key, displays.Note Your students need the course key to enroll in your course.
Your new course is added to your list of Courses and Sections on the Courses page.