Create a Section
If you have multiple sections of the same course, you can reflect that in CNOWv2. You can assign different instructors to your course sections. Sections can include assignments from the parent course, as well as additional assignments.
- From the Courses page, click Create section.
Enter your section information.
- Enter the Section Name.
- Optional: Enter the Section Number.
- Set the date and time for Section starts on.
- Set the date and time for Section ends on.
- Optional: Provide a link to your syllabus to make it available to your students from your section.
Edit email settings.
This feature lets student email you during their assignments. The email includes the student's message and a link to their assignment.
- To prevent students from emailing you during their assignments, clear Allow students to send emails to the instructor while taking assignments.
- To add multiple instructor email addresses, click the plus button under Enter Instructor Emails.
Select Require students to provide a student ID on login.
Students whose Cengage accounts do not include their student ID are asked to add this information when they sign in to your section. Use this feature if you need student IDs for reporting purposes or to distinguish between different students with the same name.
Click Create Section.
Your section information, including your course key for the section, displays.Note Your students need the course key to enroll in your section. Different sections of the same course have different course keys.
Your new section is added to your list of Courses and Sections on the Courses page.