Create an Adaptive Study Plan
Adaptive Study Plans are helpful for review and mastery of the concepts and skills in your course. Students take a quiz to find out what they need to practice and review, and then work through a customized study plan.
From the Assignments page, click Create
Be sure you're in the correct course and section.
- Click Adaptive Study Plans.
Click your eBook title to view the chapters, and select a
The assignment name is set as the chapter title. You can edit the assignment name.
Set start and end dates for the assignment.
The Select Dates window opens.
- Set dates and times for Assignment Available On and Assignment Due On.
Allow students to access the assignment after
the due date has passed.
Clear Same as Due Date, and set a later date and time for Assignment Unavailable On.
- Click Done.
- Click .
Set the assignment options.
To do this Do this Choose the overall grading style In Assignment Takes, set Style.
- Enhanced Version
- The assignment is graded as the student's total score divided by the highest possible score.
- Classic Version
- The assignment is graded by objective, with each objective weighted equally.
Set the number of times students may take the quizzes within the assignment In Assignment Takes, set Quiz takes allowed within assignment take.Note You cannot change the number of overall takes allowed or the time allowed per take for Adaptive Study Plans. Hide the assignment from the Study Tools page In Availability As a Study Tool, select Hide the activity from students on the Study Tools tab. Specify how the assignment is graded
Set Grading options.
- Possible Score (required)
- If the assignment is graded, set the highest possible point value of the assignment. If the assignment is not graded, select Not graded.
- Extra Credit
- Select if the assignment counts as extra credit.
- Curve factor of
- Set a curve factor to increase or decrease scores by a certain percentage.Note To increase scores, set the curve factor above 100. For example, set the curve factor to 110 to increase scores by 10%.
- Pass/Fail at
- If your assignment is pass/fail rather than scored, set the percentage students must earn in order to pass the assignment. The gradebook displays Passed or Failed.
Prevent students from accessing your assignment before completing a previous assignment Set Prerequisite options.
- Specify if the condition is based on points or percentage.
- Choose the required assignment.
- Set the required score.
Identify the learning objectives of the assignment. In Objective Option, clear main objectives to remove them from the assignment.Note Once all settings are configured, you can save your settings to use for future assignments. Click Save as new set, name the set, and click Save. When making future assignments, you can find these settings in the dropdown menu.
Your assignment information displays.
Your new assignment is added to your Assignments page.