Create an External Assignment
Use External assignments to link to additional, outside assignments from CNOWv2. Creating External assignments allows you to include outside assignments in your gradebook.
From the Assignments page, click Create
Be sure you're in the correct course and section.
- Click External.
- Enter the name of the assignment in Name Your Assignment.
Set start and end dates for the assignment.
The Select Dates window opens.
- Set the date and time for Assignment Available On.
- Optional: Set the date and time for Assignment Due On.
Allow students to access the assignment after
the due date has passed.
Clear Same as Due Date, and set a later date and time for Assignment Unavailable On.
- Click Done.
- Click .
- Enter any information your students need to know to complete the assignment in Comments. You can link to additional assignments from CNOWv2. Creating External Web Link assignments allows you to include the scores from assignments outside of CNOWv2 in your gradebook.
- Paste the link to your assignment in URL.
- To check that your link works properly, click Test.
Set the assignment options.
To do this Do this Specify how the assignment is graded
Set Grading options.
- Possible Score (required)
- If the assignment is graded, set the highest possible point value of the assignment. If the assignment is not graded, select Not graded.
- Extra Credit
- Select if the assignment counts as extra credit.
- Curve factor of
- Set a curve factor to increase or decrease scores by a certain percentage.Note To increase scores, set the curve factor above 100. For example, set the curve factor to 110 to increase scores by 10%.
- Pass/Fail at
- If your assignment is pass/fail rather than scored, set the percentage students must earn in order to pass the assignment. The gradebook displays Passed or Failed.
- Penalty when due
- If the assignment has a late penalty, set the percentage of the penalty. Set the percentage of a Subsequent penalty that students incur for every additional hour, day, or week that the submission is late.
Allow/restrict feedback after the assignment Set Feedback after Assignment options to determine if and when students can view their overall assignment score. Prevent students from accessing your assignment before completing a previous assignment Set Prerequisite options.
Note Once all settings are configured, you can save your settings to use for future assignments. Click Save as new set, name the set, and click Save. When making future assignments, you can find these settings in the dropdown menu.
- Specify if the condition is based on points, percentage, completion, or time spent on the assignment.
- Choose the required assignment.
- Select the behavior if the prerequisite is not met.
Your assignment information displays.
Your new assignment is added to your Assignments page.