Calculate Averages by Points or Percentages
Choose to calculate your students' overall grades by weighting activities by point value or averaging their percentage scores.
- Each assignment is weighted by its point value, so a 20 point activity counts twice as much as a 10 point activity. To calculate the overall average, the total points earned is divided by the total points possible. This is the default method.
- Each assignment is weighted equally, so a 20 point activity counts the same as a 10 point activity. To calculate the overall average, activity scores are normalized as percentages and then averaged.
|Calculation||(7 + 45 + 12) ÷ (10 + 50 + 30)||(70% + 90% + 40%) ÷ 3|
- In the toolbar, click .
- To open the gradebook, click .
- Click .
- Select Percentage or Points.
- Click Save.
- If prompted to confirm, click Continue.