Delete an Attempt
To give your student another attempt for an activity, delete one of the student's previous attempts.
Note You might also want to delete an attempt when grading if the student's last attempt does not reflect the student's performance for the activity.
- To open the gradebook, click .
Click a student's activity score.
If there is no score, click the double dashes (--).
Information about the student's submissions and scores for the activity displays.
- Click Delete beside the attempt you want to delete.
- When prompted, click Confirm.
- The deleted attempt is indicated with a comment and strikethrough text, but cannot be viewed.
- The recorded score is updated based on the assignment scoring strategy.
- Your student might be allowed to make another attempt if the due date has not passed.