Edit Activity Settings for World Language Courses
Change your default course settings for question submission, feedback, and scoring options for each language activity type.
- Ready? – Preparation
- Learn It! – Learning
- Practice It! – Practice
- Use It! – Application
- Got It? – Review
- Click .
- Click an activity type to expand the course settings for that activity type.
Select the Question Submission Mode.
This setting affects the other available activity settings.
- Submit when 100% correct
For learning activities.
- Students are given immediate feedback and unlimited attempts for questions.
- Students must correctly answer all questions to submit the activity.
- The activity is set as Credit/No Credit by default, with 100% completion required for credit.
- Multiple attempts to improve score
For practice and assessment activities.
- Students have a specified number of attempts to try to correctly answer each question.
- Display of correctness marks (✓ / ✗), answer keys, hints, and question points is configurable.
Change the feedback and scoring settings as needed.
Note These settings do not affect manually graded questions.
If Question Submission Mode is Multiple attempts to improve score:
- Question Attempts
- How many times the student can submit a question (1-10).Note For manually graded questions, only one attempt is allowed.
- Question Attempts
- How many times the student can submit a question (1-10).
- Show Correctness Marks (✓ / ✗)
- When to show students their correct and incorrect answers.
- Show Correct Answer
- When to show students the answer key for the activity.
- Show Feedback
- When to show students any available hints or guidance for how to answer the question.
- Show Points Possible
- When to show students the available points for each question.
- Show Earned Score
- When to show students their earned points for each question.
For either Question Submission Mode:
- Grading Policy
- Count either the student's Best Attempt (recommended) or Last Attempt for the final activity score.
- Counts Toward Grade
- If turned on, the activity score is used as part of the overall course grade.
- Credit/No Credit
- If turned on, award full credit when the student achieves the threshold score.
- Accent Scoring
- If turned on, accents must be correct to receive credit.
- Capitalization Scoring
- If turned on, capitalization must be correct to receive credit.
- Punctuation Scoring
- If turned on, punctuation must be correct to receive credit.
- If needed, change the settings for other activity types.
- Click Save Settings & Close.