Configure a New Course
Guided Course Setup is available for selected MindTap™ courses. After you create or copy a new course, you can use Guided Course Setup for a step-by-step walkthrough of setup options before you open your course for the first time. If you skip the guided setup, you can configure settings within your course.
- The initial view of your course, either by topic or by date.
- Initial activity setting, either graded or practice. If you select nothing, MindTap uses the course default settings, if provided.
- The initial point value of all activities. If you specify nothing, MindTap uses the course default point values.
- When activities are available to students, either the first day of the course, or a later date and time that you specify.
You must have already created a new course or copied a course.
Click to open your course for the first time.
You are prompted to launch Guided Course Setup. The following example shows the different prompt messages for a new course and for a copied course.
- Click Guided Setup.
Answer the Guided Course Setup questions about the format of your new course.
Note If you exit setup before completing, you can save your work and continue later.
- Click Finish to open your course.