Create an Activity, Problem, or EOC Assignment
Use Activity, Problem, or EOC (End-Of-Chapter) assignments to reinforce concepts and provide reviews for your students. You can add a variety of pre-made questions, as well as questions you've created. You can include up to 150 questions in a single assignment.
From the Assignments page, click Create
Be sure you're in the correct course and section.
- Click .
Enter the assignment information.
- Enter the Assignment Name.
- Set the date and time for Assignment Available On.
- Optional: Set the date and time for Assignment Due On.
Allow students to access the assignment after
the due date has passed.
Clear Same as Due Date, and set a later date and time for Assignment Unavailable On.
Apply a late penalty to assignments submitted
after the due date.
Select Penalty for submissions after due date, and set the percentage of the penalty. All date and time fields must be complete before you can set a late penalty.
Set Allow students to use this assignment for practice?
The default setting allows students to use the assignment for practice once it is unavailable for grading.
- To prevent students from using the assignment for practice, clear Yes, but only after the available date.
- To allow students to use the assignment for practice after making their final submission, select And yes, immediately after their final submission of the assignment for grading.
- Click Continue.
The Available Questions page opens and lists the available content sources.
- Use the + buttons to view the available content, and select the chapters you want to use. You can select multiple chapters.
To filter questions based on the difficulty, gradability, and other factors, clear and select the checkboxes.
Different options are available depending on the chapters you have selected.
The Included Questions page opens.
To add a question to the assignment, click and drag the question from
Available Questions to Included
To add all available questions to the assignment, click Include All.
To preview the questions in the list, select Show previews in lists. To open a larger, interactive preview of the question, click the question.Note
Questions labeled "Enhanced" provide students with detailed feedback on how to arrive at the correct answer if they answer incorrectly. To disable this feature, restrict feedback in the assignment options.
- Optional: To change the number of points that can be earned from a question, click Edit Details.
The Assignment Options page opens.
Set the assignment options.
To do this Do this Prevent students from accessing your assignment before completing a previous assignment Set Prerequisite options.
- Specify if the condition is based on points or percentage.
- Choose the required assignment.
- Set the required score.
Specify how the assignment is graded
Set Grading options.
- Possible Score
- Set the highest possible point value of the assignment. This can be a specific number or not graded.
- Pass/Fail at
- If the assignment is graded on a curve, set the percentage students must earn in order to pass the assignment.
- Extra Credit
- Select Yes if the assignment counts as extra credit.
Set the number of times students may try a question
Set the Question attempt limit. Each time a student tries a questions, their current answer is cleared and the question variables are reset.
Allow/restrict eBook and resource links Set Resource Availability options. Allow or restrict access to resources during the assignment. Allow/restrict feedback during the assignment Set Feedback during Assignment options to determine if and when students receive hints, feedback, and error detection. Allow/restrict feedback after the assignment Set Feedback after Assignment options to determine if and when students can view their overall assignment score, question details, responses, question scores, correct answers, and feedback.Note Once all settings are configured, you can save your settings to use for future assignments. Click Save As New Set, name the set, and click OK. When making future assignments, you can find these settings in the Apply Option Set dropdown menu.
Click Save Changes.
Your assignment information displays.
Your new assignment is added to your Assignments page.