Import a Course
If you or a colleague have previously exported a course from OWLv2, you can import the file and reuse the course.
- From the Courses page, click Create a New Course.
- Click .
- Click Choose File.
- Locate and open your previously exported course file.
- Click Continue.
If needed, select the textbook to use for your new course from
The Digital product student will buy field displays the name of the digital product your students will buy for the course.Note If you see an error message that your product has been retired, you can no longer use that product. Contact your Cengage representative for assistance.
If your product will be retired soon, consider using a more recent edition.
Enter your course information.
- Enter the Course Name.
- Optional: Enter the Course Number.
- Set the date and time for Course starts on.
- Set the date and time for Course ends on.
Adjust all assignment dates for your new course.
- Select Adjust all assignment dates based on moving the start date of the first assignment to.
- Set the new date and time for the first assignment.
All assignment dates for your new course are shifted relative to the specified date and time.
- Optional: Provide a link to your syllabus to make it available to your students from your course.
Edit email settings.
This feature lets student email you during their assignments. The email includes the student's message and a link to their assignment.
To prevent students from emailing you during their assignments, clear Allow students to send emails to the instructor while taking assignments.
Select Require students to provide a student ID on
Students whose Cengage accounts do not include their student ID are asked to add this information when they sign in to your course. Use this feature if you need student IDs for reporting purposes or to distinguish between different students with the same name.
Click Create Course.
Your course information, including your course key, displays.Note Your students need the course key to enroll in your course.