Sign in to SAM at sam.cengage.com unless you are using a learning management system (LMS).
If you access SAM from a learning management system (LMS) such as Blackboard®, Canvas™, or Moodle™, sign in using the credentials provided by your institution. The first time you sign in to your LMS, you might be prompted to link your LMS account to a Cengage account.
If you do not know your username, ask the SAM supervisor for your school.
- In your browser, go to sam.cengage.com.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Login.
If prompted, update your account information.
If your username matches a Cengage account and you have not already done so, enter your Cengage password when prompted. This will link your accounts so you can use the same account for SAM and Cengage.
Read the license agreement and click I
For some schools, the license agreement might not be displayed.
Enter and confirm a new password.
- 6-17 characters
- Letters, numbers, and underscores only
- At least one capital letter
- At least one number
- Optional: Join our mailing list to receive occasional emails about Cengage products and promotions.
- Select your birth year from the list provided.
Select a secret question, type your answer, and click
Your secret question and answer are used to confirm your identity if you forget your password.
- Your answer is not case-sensitive.
- Read the license agreement and click I Agree.