Project Incident Report
Project incident reports identify project file submissions that might contain non-original work. To begin a SAM project assignment, students download a start file that has unique embedded identifiers. When a student submits a completed project file, it should have the same identifiers as the start file. If the identifiers do not match, it is logged as an incident.
Project incidents result when your student's submission includes:
- A file from a different assignment or student.
- A file with some or all of the content copied from a different assignment or another student's file.
- A non-SAM generated start file.
- A non-SAM generated start file with some or all of the content copied from a different assignment or another student's file.
Each incident report provides supporting details such as the date and time, type of incident, and information about the students involved:
- Student Name – The student who submitted the file.
- Other Students – Names of one or more other students (source of the copied work) and the institution name. Other student names might be omitted if their institution is different from that of the student named in the report or to comply with international privacy laws.