This guide uses the following terms.
- Institution key: An alphanumeric key provided to customers to enable association of new users with the correct institution. An IKey begins with the letter T followed by a 7 digit number.
- LMS: Learning Management System is a general term that describes a website or system of managing student and instructor content and assignments.
- SAM server: The web and database server environment, hosted by Cengage Learning, used to administer SAM.
- SAM Content Player: Sometimes abbreviated as the SCP, the application through which assets that contain SAM content download and launch to a specific SAM product.
- SAM Product: A specific product, based on the SAM product architecture, which provides access to a specific set of SAM content.
- SCP: SAM Content Player is the application through which assets that contain SAM content download and launch to a specific SAM product.
- SMS: SAM Management System is a website used primarily by students to access SAM Assessment (Exam) and Training assignments. Instructors use the website to create and manage these assignments; supervisors and administrators use it to manage the SAM database for your school.
- Workstation: A customer computer on which a SAM product launches.