Integration With Learning Management Systems
WebAssign can be integrated with several learning management systems (LMS). This lets you use the LMS and WebAssign together to teach your class.
The specific details of each integration are different for each LMS, but all for all integrations:
- You and your students access your WebAssign course and assignments from the LMS.
- Students are added to your WebAssign class roster from the LMS.
For some integrations, your students' WebAssign grades are synced to the LMS.
- Students can't open your LMS from WebAssign.
- Students who drop the LMS section are not dropped from the WebAssign section.
- Students who transfer out of the LMS section are not dropped from the WebAssign section.
New and Old Integrations
Starting in spring 2021, many schools use a new method to integrate WebAssign with their LMS. With the new method:
- Integration starts in your LMS course, not in WebAssign.
- For single-section courses, you can create your WebAssign course automatically as part of integration.
- For multi-section courses, you should create your course sections first in WebAssign and then integrate them from your LMS.
Other schools will continue to use the old integration method. With the old method:
- Integration starts in your WebAssign course.
- You must create your WebAssign courses manually and then integrate them with your LMS from the WebAssign LMS Integration tab.
If you don't know which type of integration your institution is using, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, you can find your Cengage representative at cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Before You Begin
Set up integration at the start of the term, and only for WebAssign course sections with no enrolled students.
- students are already enrolled
- you gave students a class key to self-enroll