Add Links in Blackboard to OWLv2 Activities and Resources
After setting up your OWLv2 course, create links from Blackboard® to activities or other content in OWLv2. Linked graded activities are included in the Blackboard gradebook unless you choose to exclude them.
Before adding links to OWLv2 activities, make sure your OWLv2 course is set up the way you want it.
- Add and organize the assigned activities and course materials for your OWLv2 course.
- Configure assignment settings such as grading, attempts, feedback, time limits, due dates, point values, and grade categories.
Links created in this way are sometimes called deep links because they are not just web links but allow data to be exchanged between Blackboard and OWLv2.
- Open your Blackboard course.
Open the Content Market.
- Go to a content area in your course.
- Blackboard Ultra: Click .
- Blackboard Original: Click .
Click the Cengage tool.
Select activities to include in your course.
By default, when you include a graded activity it is added to the Blackboard gradebook.
Configure grade syncing with Blackboard.
Note Depending on your course and Blackboard configuration, some of the following options might not be available.
To do this Do this Add a graded activity to the Blackboard gradebook Select Add to Gradebook for the activity. Exclude a graded activity from the Blackboard gradebook Clear Add to Gradebook for the activity. Add a graded activity to the Blackboard gradebook without adding the activity link
- Select Add to Gradebook.
- Clear Add to Course.
Sync only the overall course score and not individual activity scores
- Click .
- Click Synchronize Overall Course Score.
Sync individual activity scores (after previously choosing to sync the course score)
- Click .
- Click Synchronize Individual Activity Scores.
- Click Continue.
- Blackboard Original: Review the settings, select where to put your course links, and click Submit.
The content page displays all the links you have added to your OWLv2 course and activities.
If needed, you can reorganize the links in Blackboard.