Add Links in Moodle to OWLv2 Activities and Resources
After setting up your OWLv2 course, create links from Moodle™ to activities or other content in OWLv2. Linked graded activities are included in the Moodle gradebook.
If you do not need to sync individual activity scores to Moodle, consider using the OWLv2 gradebook to calculate an overall course score for all OWLv2 activities and syncing that course score to Moodle instead.
Before adding links to OWLv2 activities, make sure your OWLv2 course is set up the way you want it.
- Add and organize the assigned activities and course materials for your OWLv2 course.
- Configure assignment settings such as grading, attempts, feedback, time limits, due dates, point values, and grade categories.
Links created in this way are sometimes called deep links because they are not just web links but allow data to be exchanged between Moodle and OWLv2.
- Open your Moodle course.
- Click .
- Click Add an activity or resource.
Select the Cengage tool and click Add.
The Cengage tool is created and named by your Moodle administrator.
If a Cengage tool is not listed:
- Select External tool and click Add.
- Under Cengage tool. , select the
Under General, click Select content.
Note The Activity Name and Tool URL are set automatically after selecting the content.
Select a content link to include in your course.
Select Add to Course for the activity you want to link from Moodle. Expand or collapse the course outline if needed.
If you sync activity scores, only OWLv2 graded activities that you link to will be synced to Moodle. Scores are not synced for OWLv2 activities that are not linked from Moodle.
- Click Confirm, review your selection, and click Save.
Save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Click either Save and return to course or Save and display.
- Optional: Repeat these steps to add another link.
The content page displays all the links you have added to your OWLv2 course and activities.
If needed, you can reorganize the links in Moodle.