The return policy depends on the type of materials purchased.
- Cengage Unlimited Subscriptions
Self-service refunds are available from the student dashboard for the first 7 days after purchase. A refund for any reason cannot be requested after the first 14 days.
- Access Codes
For products that have a grace period (CengageNOW, CNOWv2, OWLv2, MindTap, and WebAssign) refunds are available only during the grace period. After that, no refunds are available.
Digital homework products without a grace period are refundable under certain circumstances:
- You purchased your code no more than 14 days prior to the date on which you are requesting a refund.
- You completed no more than four homework assignments.
- You have not previously received a refund for the same product.
- You did not redeem the key code for any electronic resources or companion materials included with the product.
- Print Textbooks and Physical Media
Refunds or exchanges are available within 21 days of purchase. After that, no refunds are available.
- Returns must be in the same condition they were received.
- Shrink-wrapped bundles must not be opened.
Note To return a damaged or incorrect item, contact Customer Support to request a return authorization. Open bundles sent without authorization will be returned at your expense.
- Software and CD-ROMs must be returned with the original envelope or package seal intact.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping charges.
10650 Toebben Dr.
Independence, KY 41051
- Print Rentals
Print rentals fulfilled by Cengage that are returned within 21 days of purchase will be refunded. After that, no refunds are available.
Request Refund for a Print Rental
For information about all returns for Cengage Unlimited print rentals fulfilled by Cengage, contact Cengage directly at 800.354.9706.
Individual VitalSource® eBooks purchased directly from Cengage are refundable under certain circumstances:
- You purchased your subscription no more than 14 days prior to the date on which you are requesting a refund.
- You have not viewed or printed more than 10% of the text.
- You have not previously received a refund for the same title.