Request Refund for a Digital Purchase
If you drop a class after purchasing SAM, you can request a refund for your ebook, course access, or Cengage Unlimited purchase.
- You can submit only one online refund request for each order, even if your
order included more than one item.
Specify which items in your order you are requesting a refund for in the form.
- Cengage cannot provide refunds for purchases from bookstores or other third parties, such as Amazon®, Barnes & Noble®, and Follett.
Sign in at login.cengage.com.
Enter your Cengage email address and password. Then, click Sign In.
- In the sidebar, click .
- Click to expand an order and view the details.
Click Refund Request below the order you want refunded.
You refund request form opens in a new tab. Most of your account and order information is automatically added in the appropriate fields.
Fill out the remaining required fields.
- Course Name
- Select the course associated with the order you are requesting a refund for.
- Select your reason for requesting a refund.
- Specify why you are requesting a refund. If there are multiple items in your order, specify which items in your order you are requesting a refund for
A confirmation message displays your case ID, which you will need later if you contact Customer Support. This information is also sent to the email address associated with your Cengage account.
During peak enrollment periods, refunds might take up to three weeks to be processed.
- United States
- Africa, Europe, and the Middle East
- +44 (0)1264 332424
- South East Asia: +65 6410 1206
- North Asia: +8610 8343 5158
M-F 8:30am-5:30pm (UTC+8:00)
- New Zealand
- (800) 310-5661 (M-F 8am to 5pm EST)
- International Customer Support (8am – 6pm EST)
- 1-800-599-3663 or 1-859-657-4786
- Latin America
Note Support Hours
Monday-Friday; 5am-7pm CST (Mexico City Time)Note Languages
Spanish, English, Portuguese
- 0800-444-CENGAGE (2364243) option 8
- 0800-CENGAGE (23642438) option 8
- 01800-01-CENGAGE (2364243) option 3
- 01800-CENGAGE (2364243) option 8