Integrate MindTap With Your Canvas Course
Your Canvas™ administrator must have set up the Cengage tool in Canvas.
With this integration:
- You and your students access your MindTap courses from Canvas.
- You can sync either your students' overall course grades or individual activity scores for the MindTap course to Canvas.
Best Practice To help your students, use clear and consistent naming for your courses and sections in both Canvas and MindTap. This is especially important if you integrate more than one MindTap section from the same Canvas course.
How do I know if I'm using this integration?
Your Cengage tool will be in a different location depending on which integration you are using.
These instructions are for an older version of the integration which uses a Cengage navigation item in your course navigation. If you have a Cengage navigation item that works, you are using this integration.
- Create your course in Canvas.
- Choose one of the following:
- In your MindTap course, assign the activities you want to use.
- Link to MindTap Activities and Resources
Sign in to Cengage and create your multisection MindTap course.
- Create your initial section and finish setting up the learning path and scoring settings.
- Create multiple sections by copying your initial section. Set each section's information, including section name and instructors or TAs.
- Create your first Canvas course section and link it to one of your MindTap course sections.
- Create additional Canvas sections that link to each of your other MindTap sections.