Copy a MindTap Course to a New Canvas Course
Copy an existing MindTap course to a new Canvas™ course. You can copy your own MindTap course or another instructor's course.
To copy both your Canvas course and MindTap course at the same time, see Copy Your MindTap-Integrated Course in Canvas.
To copy another instructor's course, ask the instructor for the course key of the course to be copied.
The course instructor can look up the course key in the Instructor Center.
Remove Until dates from your Canvas course. If your MindTap activity links have Until dates, the due dates will not update in your new course.
- Open your Canvas course.
Add the Cengage app to your course navigation if it is not
The app is copied when you copy a Canvas course.
- From the course navigation, click .
- Drag the Cengage app to the course navigation.
- Click Save.
- From the course navigation, click Cengage.
If you get an error message when you click Cengage, see LTI Advantage.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, click Create Account.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only MindTap results, click Filter and set Filter By to MindTap.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with MindTap course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Select the course to be copied.
To copy your own course:
- Select Copy from my existing course.
- Select the course or section to copy.
To copy another instructor's course:
- Click Copy from another instructor's course.
- Enter the Course Key for the course you want to copy and click Verify.
Complete the details for your MindTap course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Optional: Include the days and times of class meetings.
Optional: If you teach multiple sections of the same course, specify the section here.
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to synchronize
the overall course score or individual activity scores to the Canvas gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Canvas.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated MindTap course is added to your Canvas course.
Click the link to your MindTap course.
First time only: Confirm that Canvas can access your account.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.