Integrate an Existing MindTap Course With Canvas
If you already created the MindTap course you want to integrate with Canvas™ — and no students are enrolled — integrate your existing course.
- Open your Canvas course.
Add the Cengage app to your course navigation if it is not
The app is copied when you copy a Canvas course.
- From the course navigation, click .
- Drag the Cengage app to the course navigation.
- Click Save.
- From the course navigation, click Cengage.
If you get an error message when you click Cengage, see LTI Advantage.
- If prompted, sign in to your Cengage instructor account to link your Canvas and Cengage accounts.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only MindTap results, click Filter and set Filter By to MindTap.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with MindTap course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Select Link to an existing course or section.
Your unlinked courses and course sections with no student enrollments for the selected title are listed.
- Select the course or section you want to link and click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to synchronize
the overall course score or individual activity scores to the Canvas gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Canvas.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated MindTap course is added to your Canvas course.
Click the link to your MindTap course.
First time only: Confirm that Canvas can access your account.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.