Add Links in Blackboard to WebAssign Activities and Resources
After setting up your WebAssign course, create links from Blackboard® to activities or other content in WebAssign. Linked graded activities are included in the Blackboard gradebook unless you choose to exclude them.
Before adding links to WebAssign activities, make sure your WebAssign course is set up the way you want it.
- Add and organize the assigned activities and course materials for your WebAssign course.
- Configure assignment settings such as grading, attempts, feedback, time limits, due dates, point values, and grade categories.
Links created in this way are sometimes called deep links because they are not just web links but allow data to be exchanged between Blackboard and WebAssign.
- Open your Blackboard course.
Open the Content Market.
- Go to a content area in your course.
- Blackboard Ultra: Click .
- Blackboard Original: Click .
Click the Cengage tool.
Select activities to include in your course.
By default, when you include a graded activity it is added to the Blackboard gradebook.
If enabled for your school, due dates set in your WebAssign course are synced to your Blackboard course. Any changes you make to due dates in your WebAssign course overwrite dates set in your Blackboard course.
Configure grade syncing with Blackboard.
Note Depending on your course and Blackboard configuration, some of the following options might not be available.
To do this Do this Add a graded activity to the Blackboard gradebook Select Add to Gradebook for the activity. Exclude a graded activity from the Blackboard gradebook Clear Add to Gradebook for the activity. Add a graded activity to the Blackboard gradebook without adding the activity link
- Select Add to Gradebook.
- Clear Add to Course.
Sync only the overall course score and not individual activity scores
- Click .
- Click Synchronize Overall Course Score.
Sync individual activity scores (after previously choosing to sync the course score)
- Click .
- Click Synchronize Individual Activity Scores.
- Click Continue.
- Blackboard Original: Review the settings, select where to put your course links, and click Submit.
The content page displays all the links you have added to your WebAssign course and activities.
If needed, you can reorganize the links in Blackboard.