Integrate an Existing MindTap Course with Canvas
If you already created the MindTap course you want to integrate with Canvas™ — and no students are enrolled — integrate your existing course.
The following procedure is for LTI Advantage integrations. If the Cengage link in your course navigation works, see LTI 1.0.
- Open your Canvas course.
- Click Modules in the course navigation.
Locate or create the module that will contain your course link.
The Cengage tool might not be available in both of the following locations depending on your Canvas admin's settings.
To create a course link in a new module:
Click next to +Module.
- Click the Cengage tool.
To add a course link to an existing module:
- Locate the module and click .
- Set the dropdown to External Tool.
Click the Cengage LTI Advantage tool.
Look for to confirm that the tool is LTI Advantage.
- Click next to +Module.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, click Create Account.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only MindTap results, click Filter and set Filter By to MindTap.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with MindTap course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Select Link to an existing course or section.
Your unlinked courses and course sections with no student enrollments for the selected title are listed.
- Select the course or section you want to link and click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to synchronize
the overall course score or individual activity scores to the Canvas gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Canvas.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated MindTap course is added to your Canvas course.
Click the link to your MindTap course.
First time only: Confirm that Canvas can access your account.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.
A link to your MindTap course is added to your module.