Copy a Keyboarding in SAM Course to a New Canvas-Integrated Keyboarding in SAM Course
If you have a previous Keyboarding in SAM course you want to reuse in Canvas™, copy it to a new Canvas-integrated course.
To copy another instructor's course, ask the instructor for the course key of the course to be copied.
In the Keyboarding in SAM course, the course instructor can click to see the course key.
- Open your Canvas course.
Add the Cengage app to your course navigation if it is not already listed.
The app is copied when you copy a Canvas course.
- From the course navigation, click .
- Drag the Cengage app to the course navigation.
- Click Save.
- From the course navigation, click Cengage.
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Canvas and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at sam.cengage.com.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course content.
- To filter the list, type a search term.
- To only see Keyboarding in SAM results, click Filter Results and set Filter By to SAM.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter Results and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with Keyboarding in SAM course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfindercengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/cengageasia.com/Contact-Ushttp://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locatorcengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/au.cengage.com/repfinderlatinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Select the course to be copied.
To copy your own course:
- Select Copy one of my existing Cengage/SAM courses (including its assignments).
- Select the course or section to copy.
To copy another instructor's course:
- Click Copy a colleague's existing Cengage/SAM course (including its assignments).
- Enter the Course Key for the course you want to copy and click Verify.
Complete the details for your Keyboarding in SAM course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
Click the link to your Keyboarding in SAM course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.