Create a New Schoology-Integrated Keyboarding in SAM Course
If you have not created the Keyboarding in SAM course you want to integrate with Schoology®, create it from Schoology.
- Open your Schoology course.
If you do not have a default grade category in your Schoology
course, create one.
A default grade category is required to sync grades between Schoology and Keyboarding in SAM.
- Click Grade Setup.
- In Categories, click Add.
- Enter information for your category and click Create.
- To use this category for Keyboarding in SAM assignments, click .
- On the Materials tab, click .
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Schoology and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at sam.cengage.com.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course content.
- To filter the list, type a search term.
- To only see Keyboarding in SAM results, click Filter Results and set Filter By to SAM.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter Results and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with Keyboarding in SAM course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfindercengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/cengageasia.com/Contact-Ushttp://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locatorcengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/au.cengage.com/repfinderlatinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
- Select Create a new Cengage/SAM course (I will add assignments later).
Complete the details for your Keyboarding in SAM course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
Click the link to your Keyboarding in SAM course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.