The return policy depends on the type of materials purchased.
- Cengage Unlimited Subscriptions
Self-service refunds are available from the student dashboard for the first 7 days after purchase. A refund for any reason cannot be requested after the first 14 days.
- Access Codes
For products that have a grace period (4LTR Press Online, Aplia™, CengageNOW, CNOWv2, OWLv2, MindTap, and WebAssign) refunds are only available during the grace period. After that, no refunds are available.
Digital homework products without a grace period are refundable under certain circumstances:
- You purchased your code no more than 14 days prior to the date on which you are requesting a refund.
- You completed no more than four homework assignments.
- You have not previously received a refund for the same product.
- You did not redeem the access code for any electronic resources or companion materials included with the product.
- Print Textbooks and Physical Media
Refunds or exchanges are available within 21 days of purchase. After that, no refunds are available.
- Returns must be in the same condition they were received.
- Shrink-wrapped bundles must not be opened. Note To return a damaged or incorrect item, contact Customer Support to request a return authorization. Open bundles sent without authorization will be returned at your expense.
- Software and CD-ROMs must be returned with the original envelope or package seal intact.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping charges.
10650 Toebben Dr.
Independence, KY 41051
- Print Rentals
Print rentals fulfilled by Cengage that are returned within 21 days of purchase will be refunded. After that, no refunds are available.
For information about all returns for Cengage Unlimited print rentals fulfilled by Cengage, contact Cengage directly at 800.354.9706.
Individual VitalSource® eBooks purchased directly from Cengage are refundable under certain circumstances:
- You purchased your subscription no more than 14 days prior to the date on which you are requesting a refund.
- You have not viewed or printed more than 10% of the text.
- You have not previously received a refund for the same title.