Create a New Canvas-Integrated CNOWv2 Course
- Open your Canvas course.
Add the Cengage app to your course navigation if it is not
The app is copied when you copy a Canvas course.
- From the course navigation, click .
- Drag the Cengage app to the course navigation.
- Click Save.
- From the course navigation, click Cengage.
If you get an error message when you click Cengage, see LTI Advantage.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, click Create Account.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only CNOWv2 results, click Filter and set Filter By to CengageNOWv8.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with CNOWv2 course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
- Select Create a new CengageNOWv2 course (I will add assignments later).
Complete the details for your CNOWv2 course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to add a total score
column to the Canvas gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Canvas.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated CNOWv2 course is added to your Canvas course.
Click the link to your CNOWv2 course.
First time only: Confirm that Canvas can access your account.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.