Copy a OWLv2 Course to a New LMS-Integrated OWLv2 Course
If you have a previous OWLv2 course you want to reuse in LMS, copy it to a new LMS-integrated course.
To copy another instructor's course, ask the instructor for the course key of the course to be copied.
In the OWLv2 course, the course instructor can go to the Course page to see the course key.
- Open your LMS course.
- Click .
- Click Add an activity or resource.
Select the Cengage tool and click Add.
The Cengage tool is created and named by your Moodle™ administrator.
If a Cengage tool is not listed:
- Select External tool and click Add.
- Under Cengage tool. , select the
Under General, click Select content.
Note The Activity Name and Tool URL are set automatically after selecting the content.
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Moodle and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at login.cengage.comcengage.com/loginlogin.cengagebrain.com.mx/cb/login.htmlogin.cengagebrain.com/cb/login.htmau.cengage.com/student/.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course content.
- To filter the list, type a search term.
- To filter the list by platform, click Filter Results and select a platform from the dropdown.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter Results and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with OWLv2 course creation and linking options.
Select the course to be copied.
To copy your own course:
- Select Copy one of my existing OWLv2 courses (including its assignments).
- Select the course or section to copy.
To copy another instructor's course:
- Click Copy a colleague's existing OWLv2 course (including its assignments).
- Enter the Course Key for the course you want to copy and click Verify.
Complete the details for your OWLv2 course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to add a total score column to the LMS gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to LMS.Note In Moodle, each activity link must be added individually. This process can be time-consuming if you have many assignments and courses.
If you do not need to sync individual activity scores to Moodle, consider using the OWLv2 gradebook to calculate an overall course score for all OWLv2 activities and syncing that course score to Moodle instead.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated OWLv2 course is added to your LMS course.
Save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Click either Save and return to course or Save and display.
Click the link to your OWLv2 course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.