Create a New Blackboard-Integrated OWLv2 Course
If you have not created the OWLv2 course you want to integrate with Blackboard®, create it from Blackboard.
- Open your Blackboard course.
Open the Content Market.
- Go to a content area in your course.
- Blackboard Ultra: Click .
- Blackboard Original: Click .
- On the Content Market page, click Cengage in the list of providers.
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Blackboard and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at login.cengage.comlogin.cengage.comcengage.com/loginlogin.cengagebrain.com.mx/cb/login.htmlogin.cengagebrain.com/cb/login.htmau.cengage.com/all-disciplines/.
This window might not be shown if your browser does not allow pop-ups for the Blackboard domain.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only OWLv2 results, click Filter and set Filter By to OWL.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with OWLv2 course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfindercengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/cengageasia.com/Contact-Ushttp://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locatorcengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/au.cengage.com/repfinderlatinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
- Select Create a new OWLv2 course.
Complete the details for your OWLv2 course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to add a total score
column to the Blackboard gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Blackboard.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
- Blackboard Original: Review the settings, select where to put your course link, and click Submit.
A link to the integrated OWLv2 course is added to your Blackboard course.
Click the link to your OWLv2 course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.