Add Links in Moodle to Keyboarding in SAM Activities and Resources
After setting up your Keyboarding in SAM course, create links from Moodle™ to activities or other content in Keyboarding in SAM. Linked graded activities are included in the Moodle gradebook.
If you do not need to sync individual activity scores to Moodle, consider using the Keyboarding in SAM gradebook to calculate an overall course score for all Keyboarding in SAM activities and syncing that course score to Moodle instead.
Before adding links to Keyboarding in SAM activities, make sure your Keyboarding in SAM course is set up the way you want it.
- Add and organize the assigned activities and course materials for your Keyboarding in SAM course.
- Configure assignment settings such as grading, attempts, feedback, time limits, due dates, point values, and grade categories.
Links created in this way are sometimes called deep links because they are not just web links but allow data to be exchanged between Moodle and Keyboarding in SAM.
- Open your Moodle course.
- Click .
- Click Add an activity or resource.
Select the Cengage tool and click Add.
The Cengage tool is created and named by your Moodle administrator.
If a Cengage tool is not listed:
- Select External tool and click Add.
- Under Cengage tool. , select the
Under General, click Select content.
Note The Activity Name and Tool URL are set automatically after selecting the content.
Select a content link to include in your course.
Select Add to Course for the activity you want to link from Moodle. Expand or collapse the course outline if needed.
If you sync activity scores, only Keyboarding in SAM graded activities that you link to will be synced to Moodle. Scores are not synced for Keyboarding in SAM activities that are not linked from Moodle.
- Click Confirm, review your selection, and click Save.
Save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Click either Save and return to course or Save and display.
- Optional: Repeat these steps to add another link.
The content page displays all the links you have added to your Keyboarding in SAM course and activities.
If needed, you can reorganize the links in Moodle.