Copy a CNOWv2 Course to a New Blackboard Course
Copy an existing CNOWv2 course to a new Blackboard® course. You can copy your own CNOWv2 course or another instructor's course.
To copy both your Blackboard course and CNOWv2 course at the same time, see Copy Your CNOWv2-Integrated Course in Blackboard.
To copy another instructor's course, ask the instructor for the course key of the course to be copied.
In the CNOWv2 course, the course instructor can go to the Course page to see the course key.
- Open your Blackboard course.
Open the Content Market.
- Go to a content area in your course.
- Blackboard Ultra: Click .
- Blackboard Original: Click .
- On the Content Market page, click Cengage in the list of providers.
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Blackboard and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at login.cengage.comlogin.cengage.comcengage.com/loginlogin.cengagebrain.com.mx/cb/login.htmlogin.cengagebrain.com/cb/login.htmau.cengage.com/all-disciplines/.
This window might not be shown if your browser does not allow pop-ups for the Blackboard domain.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course content.
- To filter the list, type a search term.
- To only see CNOWv2 results, click Filter Results and set Filter By to CengageNOWv8.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter Results and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with CNOWv2 course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfindercengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/cengageasia.com/Contact-Ushttp://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locatorcengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/au.cengage.com/repfinderlatinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
Select the course to be copied.
To copy your own course:
- Select Copy one of my existing CengageNOWv2 courses (including its assignments).
- Select the course or section to copy.
To copy another instructor's course:
- Click Copy a colleague's existing CengageNOWv2 course (including its assignments).
- Enter the Course Key for the course you want to copy and click Verify.
Complete the details for your CNOWv2 course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Course Number Optional: Include your course number. Time Zone
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to add a total score column to the Blackboard gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Blackboard.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
- Blackboard Original: Review the settings, select where to put your course link, and click Submit.
A link to the integrated CNOWv2 course is added to your Blackboard course.
Click the link to your CNOWv2 course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.