Add Links in LMS to CNOWv2 Activities and Resources
After setting up your CNOWv2 course, create links from LMS to activities or other content in CNOWv2. Linked graded activities are included in the LMS gradebook.
If you do not need to sync individual activity scores to Moodle, consider using the CNOWv2 gradebook to calculate an overall course score for all CNOWv2 activities and syncing that course score to Moodle instead.
Before adding links to CNOWv2 activities, make sure your CNOWv2 course is set up the way you want it.
- Add and organize the assigned activities and course materials for your CNOWv2 course.
- Configure assignment settings such as grading, attempts, feedback, time limits, due dates, point values, and grade categories.
Links created in this way are sometimes called deep links because they are not just web links but allow data to be exchanged between LMS and CNOWv2.
- Open your LMS course.
- Click .
- Click Add an activity or resource.
Select the Cengage tool and click Add.
The Cengage tool is created and named by your Moodle administrator.
If a Cengage tool is not listed:
- Select External tool and click Add.
- Under Cengage tool. , select the
Under General, click Select content.
Note The Activity Name and Tool URL are set automatically after selecting the content.
Select a content link to include in your course.
Select Add to Course for the activity you want to link from LMS. Expand or collapse the course outline if needed.
If you sync activity scores, only CNOWv2 graded activities that you link to will be synced to LMS. Scores are not synced for CNOWv2 activities that are not linked from LMS.
- Click Confirm, review your selection, and click Save.
Save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Click either Save and return to course or Save and display.
- Optional: Repeat these steps to add another link.
The content page displays all the links you have added to your CNOWv2 course and activities.
If needed, you can reorganize the links in LMS.