Copy Your Linked Course
You can copy your Blackboard® course and its MindTap integration settings, including links to MindTap activities and grade syncing, into a new Blackboard course or into an existing Blackboard course that you have not yet linked with MindTap.
- In Blackboard, navigate to the course you want to copy.
- In the Course Management panel, click .
Select the copy type and destination.
To create a new course:
To copy into an existing course:Important Don't copy into a Blackboard course that is already linked with a MindTap course.
- Set Select Copy Type to Copy Course Materials into a New Course.
- In Destination Course ID, type the ID of your new Blackboard course.
- Set Select Copy Type to Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Beside Destination Course ID, click Browse.
- Select the course into which you want to copy and click Submit.
Under Select Course Materials, select which course materials to
- To copy everything, click Select All.
- To copy only links to MindTap activities and grade synchronization settings, select both Content Areas and Grade Center Columns and Settings.
Because this can take some time to complete, Blackboard queues it for processing in the background so you can still do other work.
When complete, you will be notified per your notification settings.
After the task is complete, navigate to the copied content area in your new course.
Your MindTap links should all be listed, but they don't yet point to a MindTap course.
Click one of the MindTap links.
You can click either a link to the course itself or to a specific activity.
The selected title is shown with MindTap course creation and linking options.
To link a MindTap section you already created:
(for example, with course masters and sections)
To create a new MindTap section:
Select Copy from my existing course.
Your courses and course sections for the selected title are listed.
- Select the course or section you want to copy.
Complete the details for your MindTap course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Optional: Include the days and times of class meetings.
Optional: If you teach multiple sections of the same course, specify the section here.
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Optional: Select Copy all activity dates from course.
- Click Continue.