Create a New Schoology-Integrated MindTap Course
- Open your Schoology course.
If you do not have a default grade category in your Schoology
course, create one.
A default grade category is required to sync grades between Schoology and MindTap.
- Click Grade Setup.
- In Categories, click Add.
- Enter information for your category and click Create.
- To use this category for MindTap assignments, click .
- On the Materials tab, click .
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, click Create Account.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course
- To search the available content, type a search term.
- To see only MindTap results, click Filter and set Filter By to MindTap.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with MindTap course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfinder/ https://www.cengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/ https://www.cengageasia.com/Contact-Us http://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locator https://www.cengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/ https://au.cengage.com/repfinder/ https://latinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or https://www.cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
- Select Create a new MindTap course.
Complete the details for your MindTap course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Optional: Include the days and times of class meetings.
Optional: If you teach multiple sections of the same course, specify the section here.
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
If prompted, select whether to synchronize
the overall course score or individual activity scores to the Schoology gradebook.
This option is not available for all courses.Note Category scores can not be synced to Schoology.
- Click Continue to confirm your choice.
A link to the integrated MindTap course is added to your Schoology course.
Click the link to your MindTap course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.